Marketing consents allow you to save the information regarding when & how your customers agreed (or did not agree) for you to process their personal information. Either to be included in a newsletter/ other forms of advertising or to contact them by phone.
In this article we describe:
Enabling and configuring consents in Livespace
1. By default, the consent forms section is disabled in the application. To enable it and add consent, go to Account settings > Marketing consents and enable Turn on User Agreement Settings.
2. Use the Add consent button to add those consents that are to be found on the person’s profile (by default, no consents are defined in the application).
Enter the name under which consent will be displayed on the list, and the content containing the most important information about what the person agrees with regarding the processing of personal data.
3. In the Statuses tab, there are 4 default marketing consent statuses defined. You can add your variants using the Add status button. Remember that default status – as opposed to those added by you – cannot be edited or deleted.
4. In the Methods of consent tab we have provided you with 6 ways to express consent, each of them – except for the Via CRM form – can be edited or removed. You can define additional ways to express marketing consent by using the Add method button.
5. The next two tabs – Email content and Form content – are related to the function of sharing the marketing consent form directly from Livespace, available in the Automation package.
6. In the Email content tab you can create an email template, which will be sent when sharing the link to the consent form. Remember that the message must contain a variable URL to form, which you will find in the list of variables, by pressing the stamp on the right side of the taskbar:
7. In the next tab, you will find the proposed content of the form, which can then be sent to your contacts so they may provide the consent permissions. The form should contain a variable Marketing consents.
Consent forms section on a person’s profile
After enabling consent forms in the Account Settings, a new section – Marketing consents will appear on the person’s profile. You'll find it in the section Other information.
To add marketing consent to an existing contact:
1. Go to the profile of a selected person and press Edit.
2. In the Consent forms section of the person form, select the appropriate consents and determine their statuses, and methods of delivery. The date of change and the person who made it will be added automatically.
3. Every change in the Consent forms section will result in an appropriate note on the dashboard.
4. If you add a person to Livespace, you can complete the Consent forms section while adding the contact.
Importing information about the marketing consent
You can also import information about marketing consent to many people in Livespace at the same time using a .xls file. This method allows you to add - among other things - the statuses, dates, and methods of giving marketing consent.
Once consents are imported, they will appear on the person’s profile in the Marketing consents section:
To import marketing consents to Livespace, you must first enable them in the Account settings and add the appropriate consents to CRM.
Sharing the marketing consents form
In the Automation package, the function of sharing marketing consent forms directly from Livespace is available. To share the consent form with people from your contact list:
1. Go to the profile of the person to whom you want to send this form and press Other information at the bottom of the panel with contact details.
2. Press Share for editing in the Marketing consents section.
3. Choose from the list the marketing consents that you want to communicate to your client (the Expand button allows you to check consent content). Then, save changes.
4. You can copy the generated link to forward it to the person in the contact list, or select the Send the link by e-mail option. The link directs to the form with selected marketing consents, in which the person will be able to mark those that he wants to express. The link is active for 14 days.
5. After a person completes the consent form, all information about them will be automatically updated on their profile. You will also receive a notification with information about changes in marketing consent.
Generating the consent forms by list operations
You can also generate links to marketing consent forms for several or all people on your contact list.
1. To do this, select the right persons via List operations. Then, choose to Share the consent form.
2. Choose the consents and save changes.
3. Now you have the option of mass exporting the marketing consent forms. You can do this by setting your own view and selecting the field Link to the form.
When you are all set, you can export your data.
Mass completion of the marketing consent
There is a possibility to fill in the marketing consent forms for a couple (or all) persons at the same time.
1. To do that, select the appropriate persons through List operation. Choose Complete marketing consents.
2. Select the appropriate consents, and determine their statuses and delivery methods. The modified date and the person who made the changes will be added automatically. Accept your choice by Add button.
3. Marketing consents added this way will be visible on the selected person profiles, in the Marketing consents section.
4. Every change in the Consent forms section will result in an appropriate note on the dashboard.
You can also use the Marketing consents fields to create your own view on the list of people.
The list of people can be filtered by defined marketing consents: both according to the consent name and its parameters.